Experience the convenience of call-in dictation without the cost of a server!
The VS Recorder is the solution for those who desire to dictate from their cellphone, home, or simply from a digital station, but do not wish to buy a Voice Solutions server. How does it work? Up to four lines run to an external telephony card. These can be telephone or DID lines, as well as direct-wired digital stations. The telephony card connects via USB to the user's PC and, using the VS Recorder software interface, saves dictation to the hard drive. The dictation can then either remain on the local PC or be sent across the network for transcription. . However, the dictation can be sent as standard wave (.wav) files to ensure compatibility with several other third-party transcription applications.
The very simple and user-friendly interface provides access to dozens of features. Some of these are: create and modify Author profiles; monitor user activity on all telephony ports; view all current dictation available; and use up to 9 different keymaps. These are just a few of the VS Recorder's great features.
The VS Recorder has dozens of features to help you create a customized and enjoyable user experience. A simple, yet powerful interface allows changes to be made quickly. VS Recorder's external telephony card is available with 1-4 ports. Compact and light, this device is a breeze to install and configure and was designed to compliment iChannel Lite, our versatile, low-cost transcription solution. Features:
Customize your experience
- Dictate from any telephone line in the world! DID extensions, cellphones, and direct-wired digital stations work as well.
- Convenience of remote, call-in dictation at a fraction of the cost.
- Dictation may be saved as uLaw or wave files.
- Compatible with most third-party transcription solutions, using the standard wave file format.
- Custom author profiles allow each user to have the features and setup that best suits his or her needs.
- Create custom greetings for each user.
- Audible prompts guide the user through the process.
- Choose from 1 of 7 standard keymaps or create your own.
- Transcriptionist assignment, department, worktype, and subject/case/patient number give the user several fields to input vital information for a dictation.
- Each user profile can have a different path for saving dictation, or use the application's primary path.
- Set up dictation parameters, such as: Maximum Record, Silence, and Stop time limits on a per user or per port basis.
- Easily sort dictation with custom filters.
- View detailed demographic information for each dictation, such as when it was dictated, status, subject/case/patient number, worktype, department, length, and much more.
- See who is dictating with the Activity Monitor.
- Microsoft Windows XP Vista and Windows 7 compatible.
- Easy to install. Be up and running within minutes!
- Uses few system resources, allowing you to still use your PC as usual.
Minimum System Requirements:
- External telephony card, available with 2 or 4 ports
- VS Recorder software installation CD
- USB 2.0 cable
- Optional - iChannel Lite transcription software (a $200 retail savings)
- Transcription foot control & headset (with purchase of iChannel Lite transcription software)
* This is only needed if VS Recorder is configured to store the dictation files on the local computer, or the backup feature is enabled.. The minimum of 250 MB is determined by a user averaging 30 minutes of dictation with a retention period of 7 days. A higher retention period or more than 30 minutes a day would require more than the minimum stated here. You need 1.2 MB for every minute of dictation stored (if using the default MuLaw format).
- Pentium 4 (or AMD equivelent)
- 512MB RAM
- 250MB Hard Drive space to store dictation (500MB recommended - 15MB for application itself) *
- 1 USB port 1.0 or higher
- Internet access (to activate VS Recorder)
- Windows XP or Vista